Monday, August 1, 2011

What I learned in Besishahar:


You can never eat too much Dahl Bat.

After a while, it's easy to tune out during 2-3 hour long conversations in Nepali.

There is no shortage of hospitality in Nepal.

Sometimes i'd rather be invisible in LAX than always being stared at on the streets of Besishahar.

Nepal gives hard work a whole new meaning.

The words "I am proud of you" have never meant more.

God gives us stars so that when we are far away from home, we can still find the Big Dipper.

I have a fear of spiders that was only uncovered after sleeping in a room full of them.

Cheese is awesome. I miss it.

Squatting in a toilet hole in the floor is harder than initially expected.

There is no rush.

Tea is substitute for water.

People like a white face.

No internet or phone makes you feel wild and free. Try it sometime.

Family is number one.

The Simhasana pose in Nepali yoga is probably one of the best things I have ever experienced. try it. preferably at some sort of social gathering.


Cooking without an oven is a whole new game.

Holding your own is hard.

Nepalis love Facebook.

Silverware is non-existent.

Namaste my friends,

Kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh, cry, choke...I shouldn't eat pesto pasta while reading your blog. You're awesome!